The City Therapy Centre Business Support Services
“Stress-related conditions are now the number one cause of staff absenteeism”
According to a recent survey on work-related illness published by the Health and Safety Commission:
- Work-related stress, depression and anxiety were estimated to account for the loss of approximately 13 million working days per year in Britain.
- Absence from the workplace costs Britain's businesses £11.6 billion a year which averages to around £500 per worker.
- Around 530,000 individuals in Britain believed they were
experiencing work-related stress at a level that was making them ill and 2.2 million people were suffering from an illness they believed was caused or made worse by their current or past work.
- Stress is believed to trigger 70% of visits (40,000 per month) to doctors, and 85% of serious illnesses.
- London is the most stressed-out city in the UK.