Statement of Intent:
This policy sets out how The City Therapy Centre Ltd. uses and protects the information you provide when using our services; the services of the practitioners featured on the website and accessing this website.
We intend to ensure any data you provide is kept secure, managed respectfully and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
This policy will be updated periodically in line with current legislation and was last updated on August 14th 2018.
When you contact us via the contact form on our website, or by phone or by email we will collect your:
Along with any information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry.
If you have completed an enquiry form for a particular practitioner, this is forwarded directly to that practitioner and The City Therapy Centre Ltd. does not have access to any of the details you have provided.
How is information sent directly to The City Therapy Centre Ltd. used?
We use this information only in order to make contact with you to discuss your requirements.
We may also use this information so that we may improve our services.
If you choose to proceed with making an appointment to see a particular practitioner, please note that:
The City Therapy Centre Ltd. advises that anyone seeking a consultation with or treatment by any therapist or practitioner at The City Therapy Centre Ltd., consult with their own personal GP or health care provider as to the suitability of, or any contraindications related to, any therapy or treatment they may be receiving directly from said therapist or practitioner.
The City Therapy Centre Ltd does not receive or retain your bank details.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations which are effective from May 2018 you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy) the right of access: if you wish to see what information we have retained then please make a request in writing to the Data Processor: The City Therapy Centre, The City Therapy Centre, Suite 6, Workstation, 42 Watling Street, Radlett, Herts. WD7 7NN. We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request.
- The right to rectification: this is your right to request changes to any information we hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information we hold on you is incorrect then please let us know as soon as possible and we will make the relevant changes.
- The right to erasure: We required to hold your details for a period of 8 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed.
- The right to restrict processing: We will only use the information for the purposes that we have stated above. We uphold the common law principles of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of ‘greater good’. If in our opinion as therapists there is good reason to believe not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others, then your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure safety of relevant parties would be disclosed. Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality. We will not share your information without your specific consent, other than in the situations described here.
- The right to object: We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us specific consent to do so.The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling: We will not use your information for profiling purposes.
Links to other websites